Nikon Z 35mm f1.8 S Review
DPreview has finished their review of the Nikon Z 35mm f1.8 S.
- Sturdy build quality and weather-resistance
- Focusing is near-silent
- Very sharp, particularly once stopped down a little
- Very good consistency across the frame
- Coma is well controlled
- Lateral CA absent after corrections
- LoCA present at widest apertures
- 'Onion ring' and 'orange peel' artifacts can lead to busier bokeh
- Not the sharpest or fastest to focus in its class
- Expensive (by traditional standards) considering its focal length and aperture
- Slight barrel distortion
The Nikon Z 35mm F1.8 S is a solid medium-wideangle lens for the Z series, which offers excellent sharpness and pleasant handling characteristics on the Z6 and Z7. Low light fans might miss a wider aperture, and optically, the 35mm cannot compete with its (cheaper) cousin the Z 50mm f1.8 S, but for Nikon Z shooters that need wide-aperture sharpness, the Z 35mm F1.8 S is definitely worth looking at.
Read their full review here
Interested in the Nikon Z 35mm f1.8 S?
- Z-Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/16
- Two ED and Three Aspherical Elements
- Nano Crystal & Super Integrated Coatings
Purchase it now