Interview with Panasonic
This is an interview by Richard Wong with Yosuke Yamane-san, director of Pansonic's Imaging Division.
Some interesting points in this interview;
- They consider the primary target of the S1R being photographers, with the S1 being for hybrid shooters of photography stills and video.
- GH5 is positioned as a video centric camera, and the G9 as a stills centric camera.
- Pansonic is committed to both the L-mount and the MFT mount
- Development started on the S1 and S1R around 3 years ago and L mount alliance discussions started 2 years ago
- Panasonic believes that contrast detection is the best solution for AF. DFD gives better performance and better accuracy than phase detection.
- DFD will work with Leica and Sigma L-mount lenses
Preorder the Panasonic S1R here Preorder the Panasonic S1 here
This post may contain affiliate links(s). An affiliate link means I may earn advertising/referral fees if you make a purchase through my link, without any additional cost to you
. It helps to keep this site afloat. Thank you in advance for your support. If you like what we do here, maybe buy me a coffee.